15 November, 2009

Gerak ... Tumbuk & Tepis


Gerak ... Tumbuk & Tepis in progress
..

Same piece with flash on
.
I am enjoying my painting with the second piece almost done. It’s a continuation of my Gerak Series titled Tumbuk & Tepis. In life we have to do all sorts of movements to survive and counteract the bad moves by our enemy. Like in silat at times we have to Tepis while in another we have to Tumbuk to survive. The second painting reflects the reality of life where we just can’t stand still to survive this challenging world.

I have been trying to make the figures disappear from the painting but not quite successful yet. Maybe the third painting will be pure abstracts without any figures in it... well I have to go through the process before making it full abstracts. Have been looking at Yusuf Ghani, Khalil Ibrahim and Latiff Mohidin paintings to learn my way in achieving my strokes to full abstracts.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment